Joint accreditation offers a powerful platform for providers to promote inter-professional education from 3 global leaders in accreditation of continuing medical education. Providers of inter-professional health care education gain the convenience, efficiency and potential cost savings of qualifying for simultaneous accreditation by:
- ACCME, Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- ACPE, Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
Providers accredited via joint accreditation may also offer continuing education for nurses, pharmacists, or physicians separately.
Download Guide to Joint Accreditation [pdf]
Read Joint Accreditation Criteria [pdf]
Joint Accreditation Activity List [xls]
Applicant organizations must:
- Be accredited in good standing by 2 national accrediting bodies (ANCC, ACCME and/or ACPE) or 1 national accrediting body and 1 state accrediting body (ACCME Recognized Accreditor or ANCC Accredited Approver).
- Ensure 25% of its educational activities (past 12 months) are comprised of education designed by and for the health care team.
- Engage in the joint accreditation process and demonstrate compliance with the required criteria and any associated accreditation policies required by ACCME, ACPE or ANCC.
Learn How to Apply