The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and its testing vendor make every effort to reasonably accommodate candidates with documented disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you have a disability as defined under the ADA, you must notify ANCC by submitting a report regarding your request from your physician or a qualified healthcare professional. The information must be on the physician's or other qualified healthcare professional's letterhead, typed, dated, and signed by the healthcare professional.
Special Accommodations: Please wait for confirmation of special accommodations BEFORE scheduling a testing appointment. See last bullet below for details.
The report must document the following information in order to be considered:
- A specific diagnosis and date of your diagnosis
- Specific and current findings that support your diagnosis (relevant medical history, tests administered, date of the most current evaluation, within the last 3 years)
- A description of your substantial day-to-day functional limitations resulting from your stated disabilities
- Specific recommendations for your testing accommodation(s) including a detailed explanation of why the accommodation is needed. If the accommodation includes extra time, please indicate the amount of time requested.
- Mail the documentation separately to the attention of ANCC Certification Special Accommodations, 8515 Georgia Avenue Suite 400, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910.
- Special Notice: Please wait for confirmation of special accommodations BEFORE scheduling a testing appointment. Do not schedule a testing appointment prior to receiving a confirmation of your special accommodations. If you currently have an appointment scheduled but do not have approved special accommodations, please contact Prometric immediately to cancel the appointment. A cancellation fee of $25 will apply. Note: Cancellations cannot occur within 5 business days of your appointment.
Important Note: Additional information may be requested after a review of your information.