To maintain certification, complete professional development requirements between the start and end dates of your certification, and provide this information on your renewal application.
Calendar Your Renewal Date
Certifications are renewed every 5 years. You must submit a renewal application up to 1 year prior to your expiration. You may be ineligible to practice beyond your expiration date.
Create an ANCC Account
Track professional development, mail preferences and purchases in one place. Online applications are also stored in your account. Visit Access My Account
Update Contact Information
If you move, change names or acquire a new phone or email, please update contact details in your account. Or email Customer Care or call 1.800.284.2378.
Display Your Credentials
Learn common questions and answers about displaying your credentials in the proper order.
Download How to Display Your Credentials [pdf]
Track Professional Development with ANCC
Online renewal is simpler when you store professional development activities in your ANCC account immediately upon completion. At renewal, you can transfer stored information to the renewal application, saving time. Note: To renew online, you must store professional development activities before starting the online renewal application.
- After each activity, gather proof of professional development.
- Click Track Professional Development to the right.
- Enter and save professional development activities.
- From account summary, top right column, under Professional Development find links to enter continuing education (contact hours), academic credits, presentations, publications/research, preceptorship and professional service.
- Log out.
- Questions? Email Customer Care or call 1.800.284.2378
Renewal Certification Application
Renew online OR by mail; not both. You must submit a renewal application up to 1 year prior to your expiration.
2015 Pricing & Discounts
|American Nurses Association members pay as low as
|American Association of Nurse Practitioners member
- Prices above include $140 non-refundable administrative fee. Additional fees for special services may apply.
See application for details.
- Discounts may be claimed for up to 5 business days after ANCC receives your application. Discount claims received after this time will not be honored and refunds will not be issued.
Required: BEFORE starting a renewal application online, proof of professional development must be entered and stored in your ANCC online account. To record professional development activities go to Maintain Certification: Track Professional Development with ANCC. Then return to renew online. Questions? Email Customer Care or call 1.800.284.2378
Renew by Mail
- Read Renewal Requirements [pdf] and read renewal FAQs
- Download Renewal Application [pdf]
- This is a fillable PDF form. Type directly into the application, then save to your computer.
The latest version of Adobe Reader is required. Download Adobe Reader (Free)
- Complete and mail to address on renewal application form.
- Questions? Refer to General Testing & Renewal Handbook [pdf]
Email Customer Care or call 1.800.284.2378