Any entity (i.e., individual, organization, publisher, etc.) that would like to use the Magnet® Model graphic on any material MUST submit a formal request to the Magnet Recognition Program®. The request includes two parts:
- An accurate visual example of how the Magnet Model graphic will be used. Examples include: an annual report, a journal article, a book, a PowerPoint presentation, an orientation booklet, a poster board for the Journey to Magnet Excellence®, etc.
- A signed Magnet Model Copyright License Agreement [pdf]. Please use a digital signature on the agreement, as ANCC will not accept typed signatures. To use the digital signature feature:
- Open the copyright license agreement using the Adobe Reader program.
(If you do not have Adobe Reader, download it for free here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/)
- Click in the appropriate digital signature field under "Licensee".
- Follow the "sign documents" wizard prompts. You will create a unique, secure "digital signature" by assigning your name, email address, and password as your signature.
- The wizard will ask you to save the document once you have successfully completed your digital signature.
Please email the example of work and the signed copyright license agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the request is approved, ANCC will send an executed (i.e., signed) agreement and a high-resolution file of the Magnet Model graphic to the requesting entity. Please allow 30 to 60 days for processing copyright permission requests.
ANCC grants permission to excerpt copy for one edition only and does not extend permission to revisions and future editions of an entity’s work or derivative works based on the original work including all forms of electronic media in which the entity may publish the work.
An entity must make new requests for subsequent uses or for other uses of the requested excerpt.
The requesting entity agrees not to publish or distribute for commercial purposes copies of the reprinted materials.
The following disclaimer MUST be noted on the document under the Magnet Model graphic (Note: permission applies only to the material and use specified in the executed [i.e., signed] copyright license agreement):
©American Nurses Credentialing Center. All rights reserved.
Reproduced with the permission of the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
An entity may not alter the color and font styles in the Magnet Model, but may resize the image as long as the proportions are maintained, and all features are clearly readable.
Email email@example.com or call 301.628.5239.