As of 2013, the Nurse Leader and Nurse Manager Eligibility Tables must be sent with the application and again when written documents are submitted.
2014 Magnet® Application Manual, page 99
Two weeks prior to a document submission date, an electronic copy of the following documents will be emailed to the Magnet Office for each organization within the System:
By a documentation submission date, an electronic copy of the following documents will be emailed to the Magnet Office for each organization with the System:
- The size of electronic files is not limited, but the files must not exceed the 350-page limit for the narrative content.
- The entire document should be submitted in Arial 12-point font, including headings.
- Items scanned in as evidence, such as meeting minutes, do not need to be in Arial 12-point font.
- Narrative statements should be straightforward and concise; they should include minimal extraneous information. Organizations may write narratives in any style, but they must be easy for the appraisers to read, understand, and navigate.
- The SOE narratives are included in the 350-page limit. The content in the Organization Overview (OO) section, evidence attachments, and graphed data for EP3EO, EP22EO, and EP23EO are not included in the page limit.
Effective October 28, 2014, the 48-month period is the new time frame for 2014 Magnet® Application Manual document submission and reflects the 48 consecutive months prior to submission of Written Documentation.
- Baseline (pre) data, interventions, and outcomes must occur within the 48-month time frame prior to submission of Written Documentation.
- A typical site visit occurs 6 to 10 months after an organization submits Written Documentation.
Exceptions to the time frame include:
- EP3EO (Nurse Satisfaction) must demonstrate the most recent nurse satisfaction survey within the previous 30 months prior to documentation submission.
- EP22EO (Nurse Sensitive Clinical Indications) must demonstrate the most recent eight consecutive quarters of data.
- EP23EO (Patient Satisfaction) must demonstrate the most recent eight consecutive quarters of data.