The following is for initial applicants. Existing Magnet organizations, please visit Magnet Redesignation.
Applications may be submitted at any time. Dates for documentation submission are open for 2019 and forward. Organizations submitting documentation starting in February 2019 will be required to submit narrative and evidence based on the 2019 Magnet® Application Manual. Anticipated release of the manual will be Fall 2017. For questions please contact the Senior Magnet Program Analyst for your region.
Applications may be submitted at any time.
Applications will be processed and written documentation submission date confirmed when the following documents have all been received by the Magnet Program office:
- Online application
- Application Fee
- Supporting documents - CNO Vitae, organizational chart, nationally benchmarked nurse satisfaction survey tool, nurse manager and nurse leader educational eligibility criteria table
100% of Nurse Managers and Nurse Leaders must have a degree in nursing (baccalaureate or graduate degree).
The Nurse Manager and Nurse Leader educational requirement table is submitted as a supporting document at time of application.
Applications will be processed only if the educational requirement is met.
An updated Nurse Manager and Nurse Leader table is required when written documentation is submitted.
Final verification will occur during the site visit.
Written documentation is accepted 5 times per year: February, April, June, August, or October on the first business day of the month. Dates selected on the application may be changed and other options will be provided by the Magnet Program office.
Please see below for application submission details.
Complete the Online Magnet Application (required). The application establishes your organization's status as a Magnet applicant, and collects information to enable the appropriate appraisal team composition and availability.
Submit the online application receipt with a nonrefundable application fee, payable to "ANCC," to:
ANCC Magnet Recognition
P.O. Box 505063
St. Louis, MO 63150-5063
To send payments via express delivery only (UPS, DHL, FEDEX), include your phone number on the tracking label and ship to:
Bank of America Lockbox Services 505063
800 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
Email the following as attachments to MagnetApplications@ana.org:
- Chief Nursing Officer's curriculum vitae or resume.
- Current facility organizational chart showing the CNO and nursing's relationship to the entire facility.
- Current nursing organizational chart. Include all areas where nursing is practiced. Provide the names, credentials, and job titles.
- Provide copy of the unit-based, nationally benchmarked survey tool (questions, not responses) used to assess nursing satisfaction.
- Nurse Manager Eligibility Documentation [xls]
- Nurse Leader Eligibility Documentation [xls]
Please include the organization name in the subject line of the email!
Email Magnet team