ANCC seeks experienced nurse administrators, clinical nurses and advanced practice nurses to evaluate Pathway to Excellence applicants’ written documents. Appraisers are compensated for each completed organizational review.
- An RN actively employed with at least five (5) consecutive years of nursing experience
- A graduate of a BSN program (Appraiser Team Member); a graduate of an MSN program or masters in a healthcare field (Team Leader)
- A member of ANA, an ANA organizational affiliate, or Constituent /state nurses association
(Learn more about joining ANA)
If selected as an appraiser candidate, successful completion of several evaluative components over a 6 month time frame is required prior to selection as a Pathway to Excellence appraiser. Required components include:
- Pathway to Excellence Overview webinar (1 hour)
- Appraiser Candidate Onsite Workshop, April 27 and 28, 2015; ANCC office in Silver Spring, MD
- Observing participant in a Pathway to Excellence review
- Rater Reliability Activity (scoring of mock document)
No travel is required for Pathway to Excellence Healthcare Organization reviews. Selected appraiser candidates are required to travel to the initial appraiser candidate workshop at their own expense.
Interested RNs are encouraged to prepare an application portfolio to include:
The complete application portfolio is due no later than February 1, 2015. Notification of appraiser candidate selection will occur by March 1, 2015.
Email Appraiser Applicant Portfolio
Email Pathway Staff