To access the toolkit, please read and acknowledge agreement by clicking the button at the bottom of this guideline.
Pathway to Excellence® and Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® designated organizations have the right to utilize the certification mark, in accordance with the guidelines provided in this document, on letterhead, brochures, and for publicity activities relating to the program and/or nursing activities within the designated organization.
Other than in relation to the recognition of nursing services, the Pathway to Excellence® and Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® logos should not be used in conjunction with any goods, products, or other services created, offered or sold by the designated organization that would create the appearance of an endorsement by the Program or by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The logos should only be used in a manner that represents the intent of the Pathway to Excellence® Program. ANCC expects that representatives of Pathway to Excellence designated organizations will follow established standards of professional practice and ethics in business, advertising, public relations, sales, and marketing when using the logos.
The Pathway to Excellence® and Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® certification marks are legally trademarked symbols and must be used in accordance with these rules:
- All lettering inside the logo must be readable when the symbol is used on materials. If the words are not legible, please increase the size of the logo.
- The logo cannot be altered or modified. It may be resized, provided the proportions of the entire logo are maintained and all features of the logo are clearly distinguishable.
- The logo shall be reproduced:
- In black or in blue (PMS 2925 blue or equivalent)
- In a size which makes all features of the mark clearly distinguishable
- Without distortion of its dimensions
- The Pathway logo cannot be used in isolation from the designated organization's logo. All materials must contain both the designated organization's logo and the appropriate Pathway to Excellence program logo.
- For the use of the certification marks on electronic documentation (i.e., websites), these same rules apply.
- Logos used on a Pathway-designated organization's website must include a hyperlink to the ANCC Pathway to Excellence Program main landing page at www.nursecredentialing.org/Pathway.
- Pathway to Excellence® and Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® are trademarked names.
- All references to the Pathway to Excellence® program name must use the ® symbol (registered) in the first mention. This includes references in both headlines and regular text.
- All references to Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® must use the ™ symbol (trademarked) in the first mention. This includes references in both headlines and regular text.
- Please include the trademark disclaimer:
The Pathway to Excellence® Program is a trademark of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. All Rights Reserved.
The Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® Program is a trademark of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. All Rights Reserved.
When referring to your Pathway designation in copy, follow these basic guidelines:
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center "awards" an organization Pathway to Excellence® or Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® "designation," thereby giving that organization "status" as a Pathway to Excellence organization.
- ANCC uses the terms honored, received, achieved, and/or bestowed to describe the designation. Do not describe the Pathway to Excellence designation as an "award."
- A hospital can reference itself as a "Pathway to Excellence® hospital" instead of a "Pathway to Excellence organization. "
- The name Pathway should always begin with a capital letter P.
- Please do not use Pathway or Pathway-designated as a description or an action. It is the name of the program and should be used as such.
- Spell out the full program name, Pathway to Excellence® or Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® as much as possible.
If all healthcare organizations in your system are not Pathway to Excellence® designated, please be certain the logo is only applied to designated entities. There must be no confusion about which organizations the logo applies to. If you have any questions as to whether your proposed use of the certification mark meets these requirements, please email a sample to ANCC for review.
ANCC reserves all rights in its trademarks. ANCC reserves the right to change the guidelines herein, and/or cancel use at any time. Any organization failing to strictly adhere to these guidelines shall have their right to use terminated immediately. In addition, the Pathway to Excellence® Program reserves the right to terminate its recognition of an organization as Pathway to Excellence® designated or Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® designated should an organization violate or continue to violate these guidelines in a manner that may jeopardize the integrity of ANCC trademarks, or program, as defined solely by ANCC.
The Summit Group is the official licensed vendor of Pathway to Excellence products. The Pathway to Excellence® or Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® logos may not be reproduced for use on promotional items except through Summit Group. This includes all requests for embroidery or customized items featuring the Pathway to Excellence® or Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® logos with your organization's name and logo.
The Summit Group is a wholesale vendor and can procure any promotional product commercially available. View the Fresh Ideas catalog for product ideas. For pricing and design concepts, please contact the ANCC E-Store Customer Service team at 877.435.2011 or at email@example.com.